Friday 6 June 2008

Let's all watch...

I am reminded tonight - courtesy of my partner - of one of those catchphrases that do so much to sum up all that is wrong with the present age.

"If you haven't done anything wrong, why would you mind...?"

The dots, of course, represent any one of a number of current government idiocies. ID Cards. National Databases. CCTV.

The theme, though, is always the same: if you haven't done anything wrong, why would you mind yet one more intrusion into your private life.

Well, just don't.

Don't use that phrase in front of me ever again.

Because if you do, I'll be round to your bedroom in a trice. I'll sit on the bottom of your bed and WATCH. I'll lurk in your bathroom and WATCH. Give me half a chance, I'll even hide in your fridge.

And WATCH.

Because if you haven't done anything wrong, why on earth would you mind?

No comments: